Monday, I needed milk and sugar-free Jello, so we went to Publix. I only bought one-half gallon of my milk since I always hope it will go on sale on Wednesday. When I arrived at the check-out, I had few items to put on the belt, so I decided I would lift the milk, something I never do. It is too heavy. I used both hands, lifted, and sort of pivoted toward the belt.
This did not hurt but put a strain on my right shoulder. Later that evening I developed the worst pain in my shoulder. I was yelping at the slightest movement of my right hand or elbow because the pain in my shoulder was excruciating. I managed to put some of the cream on my right shoulder with my right hand. I was on the verge of crying.
I could not put a fork in my mouth without wincing and squealing in pain. I switched to my left hand. I can use my left hand, but I am awkward. Finally, some of the green beans could not be speared. I ended up eating with my fingers! The pork and potato salad were easier to eat. At least they did not fall off. At first, I had to eat with my right elbow tight against my ribs before I had to switch to my left hand.
Tuesday morning, my shoulder felt tight. Now, Tuesday night, it is aching, a little bit tight. This is what I get for trying to do things I cannot without injuring myself further.
I was at Publix and have no trouble getting help. But, at other stores the checkers demand to know how I got the items in my cart. They imply by their tone of voice, words, and body language that I am malingering.
Tuesday night, I managed to fold the laundry from Monday--20 dish towels and 10 dishcloths. That is not much at all to fold. But, it hurt! I still do what I must do and all without pills for pain. Tonight, I will hang the load washed today.
This is it for today. Thankfully, typing does not cause damage or pain.
Hallelujah! Monday, the forecast was for no rain through to Tuesday next week!
If you hurt, try to pace yourself. Right, Kim?

0 Yorumlar