Yesterday was a nasty wet, windy and gray day. Instead of doing all the things I should have been doing, I sat and looked at old pictures. It sure got me to thinking back to the 'good old days'! SO many memories - so many people gone - so many fun times. Then I got to thinking about things that I remembered from back in the day that you just don't hear about today.
ENJOY the trip back in time!
My outfit (had shorts underneath) and of course mom's dress were homemade. Oh my -what a snapshot of our life. I laugh every time I see this picture! This was our life!!!!!!
I am the only one left from this pic.
Gosh short dresses and long legs! No lack of either - LOL!
THINGS:
Hula hoops
Chatty Cathy
Hot pants and go-go boots
Transistor radios
Troll dolls
Fish fries at the school
Huge backyard family picnics
No such thing as charge cards!
Things:
3 channel black & white TV
.35/gallon gas
Yo-Yo's
Lincoln Logs
Fishnet stockings and platform shoes
Pick Up Stix
Jacks
New cars for under $5,000
No AC
Paint by number sets
Gosh, we played simple. Slides, swings, hide n seek, red rover, bicycles, etc.
We lived simple - gardens, sewing, making our own entertainment - very seldom watched TV (we didn't have one till I was like 6), doors unlocked and never had a worry, much front porch sitting, Sunday school and Sunday family dinners.
We worked hard. Push mowers (not gas), gardened, canned, sewed, wringer washer and line dried laundry.
For me - these were good days - hard yes - but good and what seemed SIMPLE.
I miss those times. Thank goodness for memories.
Life sure has flown by and things sure have changed. Thanks for coming along on my little walk in the past! Hope it brings to mind some fun memories for you as well!



.jpg)

0 Yorumlar