
Normally I make carrot chutney with little tamarind and green chilies. Coconut chutney with red chilies and tamarind. Yesterday when I grat carrot and raw mango for salad I got this idea. Actually I was thinking for chutney for tomorrow s break fast while tomorrow s breakfast is dosa so immediately I made this .that time I tasted it with rice hummmmm believe me this chutney is a very perfect combination for rice and dosas I didn't taste with idlies and here is the recipe….
INGREDIENTS:--
Carrot – 1 cup grated
Raw mango --- 1 cup finely chopped
Carrot – 1 tab sp finely chopped
Red chilies – 7 (according to your taste. I use 4 Kashmiri and hot red chilies 3)
Urad dal --- 1 tea sp
Cumin seeds – 1 tea sp
Fenugreek seeds --- 1/4 tea sp
Oil – 2 tea sp+ 1 tea sp
Mustard seeds --- 1 tea sp
Asafetida – 1/4 tea sp
Curry leaves --- 10
Salt to taste
METHOD:----
1. Fry red chilies in a fry pan (with out oil) for 2 min in a medium flame remove and leave a side.
2. Then fry urad dal, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds in the same pan (with out oil) and add this to red chilies and grind in to a fine powder.
3. In the same pan heat 1 tea sp oil and add grated carrot and fry in a medium flame till its raw smell disappears.
4. Remove from heat and add this to red chili and urad dal powder and add raw mango pieces also add salt to taste if required add little water and grind in to a smooth paste.
5. Take out this chutney in to a bowl.
6. Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds and let them popup then add asafetida and curry leaves let them fry for a while and add this and chopped carrot to the chutney mix well.
Serve with rice or dosa.
This is my entry for FIL - CARROTS at SANGHI S TASTYBITES

0 Yorumlar