I read Kathryn Hughes debut novel, The Letter, and enjoyed it so I decided to download the other two books she's written onto my Kindle and have just finished The Secret.
I must admit that I haven't been reading much lately so I really pushed myself to make a start on this book, I'm so pleased I did as I couldn't put it down once I got started.
'Mary has been nursing a secret.
Forty years ago, she made a choice that would change her world for ever, and alter the path of someone she holds dear.
Beth is searching for answers. She has never known the truth about her parentage, but finding out could be the lifeline her sick child so desperately needs. When Beth finds a faded newspaper cutting amongst her mother's things, she realises the key to her son's future lies in her own past. She must go back to where it all began to unlock...The Secret'.
This is another book which is told over two time periods and at first I didn't realise where it all fitted together but as I read more, it became clear. There's some wonderful characters in this book and I warmed to most of them. The chapters are only short, there's about fifty in total and I like that, it encourages me to read just one more and before I knew it I was at the end of the book.
I'd definitely recommend this book, it's a real page turner. I'm looking forward now to reading the other Kathryn Hughes book which is waiting for me.


0 Yorumlar