We started Friday morning going to the grocery store for our major weekly shopping.
We got all this and are now well stocked on everything we need for the coming week.
Saturday, Charly wanted a DVD of Game of Thrones, Season 8, so went to a couple of nearby Walmarts. At the second Walmart, we did not find the Game of Thrones DVD Charly was looking for, but he did find a DVD of another movie he had been wanting. There weren't many people at the stores and we were careful to keep socials distances, wipes things down and use hand sanitizer. We also found toilet paper at the second Walmart, just sitting on the shelf. I bought a 4-pack of TP just because I could!
Saturday evening, while watching a little TV, (Dateline - my current favorite) I reorganized and straightened up my favorite cookbook. I put in section dividers and put stray recipes in page protectors and filed them in the proper section. I love how neat and organized it is now.
I guess being at home so much has put me in an organizational mood, because earlier in the week, I also took everything out of the kitchen pantry and reorganized that. It feels cleaner and neater and it is much easier to find what I am looking for.
I miss going to church every Sunday morning. Our chapel, which is only about a block from our home, always looks a little lonely when I walk past, but I am grateful for having church at home with my family.
This beautiful song, Love One Another, was the song we listened to to open our home Sacrament Meeting.
Master the Tempest is Raging ended our home meeting. This hymn has such a wonderful message of hope for this troubled and uncertain time.
After our home church meeting, Charly and I went for a walk. My daily walks have been getting me through this time. I try to walk two miles with Charly and then two more miles by myself later in the day. It does me so much good, both physically and mentally to get out in the fresh air and walk. I have noticed that others out walking, even complete strangers, are friendly, smiling and calling out greetings, from an appropriate social distance, of course.
As always, I am always grateful that I get to enjoy beautiful mountain views (even when its cloudy)...
...and vibrant early spring flowers coming up in our neighborhood.
Another thing that I have been spending a lot of time doing, is indexing family history records at Familysearch.org My usual monthly goal is to index 50 records every month, but this month, so far, I have indexed 146 records. I will keep going. I am trying to do at least ten records every day.
We had steaks for our Sunday dinner, along with rice, mashed potatoes and gravy, grilling beans and toasted French bread. It was a great dinner to end the weekend with.
Here is Utah, our county has just been put on a Stay Safe, Stay Home order. Some more businesses are being closed and people are being asked not to travel far from home, and to make only essential trips to places like grocery stores. We are thinking that Josh's job is included under "essential services" so, he will be able to keep going to work at his job (he works in a warehouse with lots of precautions and social distancing), while Charly and I continue working from home. It seems that most of these restrictions will go on the entire month of April.
Finally, as we look forward to another week of "Stay Safe. Stay Home," "Lockdown," "Quarantine," "Shelter in Place," or whatever it is called in your location, I will close with this, a little bit of humor that is also true.
Have a great week staying home, staying safe and staying well.














0 Yorumlar